The 2008 global financial crisis represented a pivotal moment that separated prior phases of the development of financial technology (FinTech) and regulatory technology (RegTech) from the current paradigm. Today, FinTech has entered a phase of rapid development marked by the proliferation of startups and other new entrants, such as IT and e-commerce firms that have fragmented the financial services market. This new era presents fresh challenges for regulators and highlight why the evolution of FinTech necessitates a parallel development of RegTech. In particular, regulators must develop a robust new framework that promotes innovation and market confidence, aided by the use of regulatory “sandboxes”. Certain RegTech developments today are highlighting the part toward another paradigm shift, which will be marked by a reconceptualization of the nature of financial regulation. This course will give you a thorough look into FinTech and the regulations that come with it. In these two days, the technological revolution facing the financial industry will be brought forward while making you able to keep up-to-date with the advances.
Major Benefits Of Attending:
By end of this course, delegates would be able to:
- CREATE risk profiles of FinTech
- IDENTIFY the unique risks of FinTech to ensure onboarding screening models are effective
- REVIEW specific KYC/CDD challenges, including transaction monitoring, sanctions screening, fraud detection and other AML issues as they relate to technological innovation
- Closely MONITOR shifts in the regulation of FinTech products, with an eye to harnessing innovations in RegTech to maintain a robust compliance program
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is specifically designed for:
- Chief Executive Officers
- Chief Finance Officers
- Chief Innovative Officers
- Chief Technology Officers
- Chief Data Officer
- Compliance Officers
- Industry Consultants
- Regulatory Representatives
- AML information Technology Specialists
- Risk Assessment Managers
Why you Should Attend?
FinTech and RegTech sectors throughout the APAC region are providing financial institutions with new and improved banking, payment and financing options. As a result, financial institutions have made technological innovation a priority with an eye to improving and expanding their products and services offering without compromising compliance efforts.
During this 2-day course, our Subject Matter Expert will examine FinTech and RegTech developments throughout the region as well as practical approaches to undertake effective customer due diligence around FinTech products using emerging technology.