A piping system is a set of pipes and other components (valves, elbows, etc.) used to transport fluid from point A to B.
ASME B31.3 (Process Piping), recognized by the Canadian Pressure Equipment Code CSA B51 (Boiler, Pressure Vessel, and Pressure Piping Code), contain all requirements for industrial pressure piping.
These codes are used in oil refineries and terminals as well as in various industries such as chemical, pharmaceutical, textile, pulp and paper, and cryogenics.
These ASME Codes establish the requirements for materials, design, manufacturing, assembly, inspection, and certification of pressure piping pressure.
Major Benefits Of Attending:
By end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- GAIN EVOLUTION of Design codes, such as ASME B31.3 and its past history. Why we need codes?
- UNDERSTAND major requirements of ASME B31.3-2016 (relevant interpretations included)
- PERFORM an overview on some calculations to determine the minimum wall thickness of some pressure piping system components according to the associated external loads (pressure, hydrostatic test, etc.)
- IDENTIFY the major materials of construction, design, inspection, test, stamping, pressure protection, etc. requirements
- UNDERSTAND the philosophy of these ASME Codes and have tools to do your own interpretation of grey zones
- MOTIVATE technical staff associated with pressure equipment to use these ASME Codes
- A REVIEW of comparable international codes
- HANDLE piping modifications/revamping of old plants build to other codes
- BUILD leadership and new ideas to reduce cost at the same time keeping the level of safety
Who Should Attend?
The seminar is aimed to a wide range of above-level professionals working in industries handling piping. Those who may benefit from this course include:
- Professionals in the industrial pressure piping field
Why you Should Attend?
This course offers piping engineers, designers, inspectors, and professionals working in the field of industrial pressure piping, an opportunity to understand all the main requirements of ASME B31.3, 2016 edition.
In 3 days, all delegates will be able to understand the basic design, materials selection, inspection and tests, stamping, etc. requirements in this ASME Code.
Along with ASME CODE, they will understand the mandatory requirements of documentation for the AUDITS for the API MOMGRAMS API Q-1 for all Pipe manufacturing companies.