Due to the complex geopolitical nature of gas sourcing and long term nature of gas transactions between buyers and sellers, it is commercially prudent for those involved in this process to know the global gas supply situation, available methodologies for price determination, contract structure and negotiation techniques. Any misjudgment in any of these areas could result in wrong sourcing decisions, significant adverse financial consequences and legal liabilities.
The course has, therefore, been designed to enable the professionals in the gas sector and gas advisory services to make right sourcing decision construct gas and LNG contracts and negotiate from a position of strength and knowledge in order to gain a competitive edge in the process.
Major Benefits Of Attending – You Will Be Able To:
By the end of this intensive 2 day course, delegates would be able to:
- KNOW the background knowledge to facilitate gas / LNG sourcing decisions
- UNDERSTAND current trends on the gas organization structure
- KNOW the underlying reasons for gas contract terms and conditions
- GET sufficient knowledge enabling construction of gas, LNG and transportation contracts
- MASTER expertise for contract negotiation
- DETERMINE the techniques of gas / LNG ricing in a competitive market
- UNDERSTAND operation of trading hubs, spot and arbitrage
- KNOW transportation tariff determination methodologies
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Course has been specifically designed for Energy Professionals of:
- Sourcing / Purchasing
- Legal / Contracts
- Corporate Strategy
- Sales/Business Development
- Project Finance
- Investor Relations
- Natural Gas E&P
- Gas Trade, Shipping, Transmission, Distribution
- Government Agencies
- Gas based Power Generation
- Gas related Project Finance, Asset Management, Hedge Funds, Equity / Fixed Income
- Gas Pipeline and High Pressure Transportation
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND?
The course offers a unique insight into the relationship between joint-ventures, the complicated planning and approval phase of a project, transportation and delivery of product, and the long-term, nature of the purchase and sale arrangements. Using real life examples of behind the scenes activities, experts will explain how joint ventures deal with long-term risk and complicated projects become a reality. Gas Sales and Transportation Agreements provide a detailed guide on the drafting, negotiation and interpretation of natural gas and sales and transportation contracts.