The Board Secretary plays a key role in advancing corporate governance and is vital to the efficiency and effectiveness of the Board and to the smooth running of the company. The skills and breadth of knowledge required of today’s Board Secretary are numerous and varied in order that he/she can deliver essential services to ensure the well-being of the organization in terms of its legal operation, corporate administration, compliance with corporate governance, as well as statutory and regulatory requirements.
This training program provides existing Board Secretaries and other interested parties with a broad insight into the role of the Board Secretary and his/her extended responsibilities from companies law and regulatory compliance, the Board and an organization’s corporate governance.
Major Benefits Of Attending:
- UNDERSTAND the key role played by the Board Secretary/ Governance Manager for Board support and effective organisational practices
- ABLE to interpret the necessary rules and regulations which impact upon the governance environment of your firm
- LEARN key practices, policies and procedures to ensure smooth and seamless planning, operation and follow up of AGMs, Board meetings, regulatory reporting and governance activities
- DEVELOP an understanding of how to deal with Corporate Governance dilemmas
- UNDERSTAND how to practically introduce and maintain a sound governance regime in your organization
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for Company Directors, Legal Heads and Company Secretaries for this event.
- Company Secretaries
- Aspiring and assistant company secretaries
- Board Consultants
- C Suite Executives (CIO, CTO, CFO, CMO, CHRO, etc.)
- Company directors
- Aspiring directors
Why you Should Attend?
This 2 day training program is to develop the essential skills and knowledge required for Board Secretaries in order to play an active role inside and outside the boardroom, regarding the governance and compliance of their organisation, and in carrying out their responsibilities effectively in line with international best practice and regulatory requirements. It also aims to give participants the knowledge and skills needed to conduct or facilitate proper board evaluation. This should result in better governed organisations within the region.