A 2 day intensive and interactive course with exercises designed to cover the rationale and key steps needed to effect acquisitions and mergers in different jurisdictions using a holistic and disciplined approach to both financial, legal and non-financial due diligence which covers the risk factors and the important risk optimisation and future proofing work which needs to be done at the end of the process to retain and develop the additional value captured by the synergies developed within the newly formed company.
For beginners lacking real life experience the workshop and modules will provide key basic understanding and for those with greater expertise it will act as reinforcement to existing knowledge with possible new information emerging as the course proceeds.
Major Benefits Of Attending:
By end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- RECOGNIZE the mergers and acquisitions process and its rationale with the potential pitfalls
- DECIDE whether to merge or acquire versus proceeding with organic growth, joint ventures and strategic alliances
- UNDERSTAND how to target potential companies based on informed corporate strategy and a better match between scale of ambition versus available resources, competencies and realities
- INTENSIFY the importance of cultural fi t and know how to achieve it
- APPREHEND the risks of mergers and acquisitions and how to mitigate them
- KNOW how to work towards a fair price
- GRASP the importance of non-financial and non-legal/ regulatory factors to the forward view of prospects and pricing
- CLASSIFY the do’s and don’ts of post-acquisition/merger
- COMPREHEND the role and importance of communication during and following the merger/acquisition process both internally and externally
- UNDERSTAND the need for risk optimisation and future proofing to obviate hostile and troublesome moves by competitors and emulators during the acquisitions/merger process
- BE ACQUAINTED WITH several approaches for dealing with inevitable resistance including several change methodologies
- KNOW when to bring in external expertise
Who Should Attend?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- CFO, Financial Controllers, Business Controllers
- In-house M&A, Investment teams
- Corporate development and Strategy teams
- Accounting and finance teams
- Risk and internal audit teams
- In-house legal and compliance teams
- Operations & human resources
Why you Should Attend?
80% of mergers and acquisitions fail because steps are missed out and because things are done in the wrong order. This course, which is a one off completely bespoke creation, provides a framework for thought and action which reduces the possibility of failure increases the likelihood of not overpaying and gets your merger and acquisition activity producing value faster than would otherwise be the case if you did not attend.
It draws on best practice from elsewhere in the world based on practical experience of experts in acquisitions, mergers, acquisitions and integrations as well as risk, futureproofing and change across a range of different businesses and industry types and sizes from the simple to the complex.