Treasury Management is the creation and governance of policies and procedures that ensure the company manages financial risk successfully. It is also the process of administering to the financial assets and holdings of a business. The goal of most treasury management departments is to optimize their company’s liquidity, make sound financial investments for the future with any excess cash, and reduce or enter into hedges against its financial risks.
Because a primary function of treasury management is to establish levels for cash or cash equivalents so that a company can meet its financial obligation on time, treasury management is sometimes referred to as cash management.
In a business, every decision made has financial implications, and any decisions which involves the use of money is a corporate financial decision. In short, every activity that a business does fits under the rubric of corporate or treasury finance. Treasury financing is primarily concerned with maximizing shareholder value through long term and short term financial planning and the implementation of various strategies. Everything from capital investment decisions to investment banking falls under the domain of treasury finance. Today, the complex external environment has made treasury finance all the more challenging with the intense competition among the corporate.
Major Benefits Of Attending – You Will Be Able To:
By end of this course, delegates will able to:
- UNDERSTAND the operations of treasury departments
- KNOW current best practices
- LEARN appreciation of major financial analysis tools
- KNOW why financial matter as a treasury skill
- INCREASE effectiveness of treasury and cash management techniques
- ADD value to shareholders
- ADVISE on effective pooling of cash and managing debt balances
- MAXIMISE efficiencies in cross border transactions
- NAVIGATE complexity of tax compliance and reporting in this area
- MANAGE the cost of capital to enhance shareholder value
- DEAL with new corporate interest and corporate loss restrictions
- HAVE a long-term internal or external financing
- MANAGE exposure to interest rate and foreign exchange rate movements
- MAKE cash in business work harder
- REDUCE the cost of external financing
- ARRANGE cross-border financing
Who Should Attend?
This course has been specially designed for:
- Finance Professionals
- Finance Managers
- Corporate Controllers
- Financial Controllers
- Treasury Professionals
- Chief Accountants
- Accounting Managers
- Senior Accountants
- Banking Professionals
- Investment Professionals
- Research Analysts
- Corporate Business Professionals
Why you Should Attend?
This is an Advanced Level 2 day course on Treasury Financing and Management which is specifically designed for bank and corporate staffs including bank risk management staffs, bank treasury operation managers, corporate finance departments, financial analysts, fund managers and more other who deal with corporate finance.
By end of this course, delegates will be able to understand the operations of treasury departments, current treasury best practices, appreciation of major financial analysis tools and financial analysis and why it matters as a treasury skill. While day 1 covers on Financial Analysis, day 2 would be on treasury management.
This course would introduce to you an innovative approach to financing that takes into account the tax implications allowing you to find solutions that are both sophisticated and practical in your treasury management.