Fraud detection is a topic applicable to many industries including banking and financial sectors, insurance, government agencies, retail, manufacturing, insurance, construction, law enforcement, and more. Fraud attempts have seen a drastic increase in recent years, making fraud detection more important than ever. The uncertain economic climate seems to have increased the temptation to commit fraud. Despite efforts on the part of the affected institutions, hundreds of millions of dollars are lost to fraud every year. Since relatively few cases show fraud in a large population, finding these can be tricky.
Major Benefits Of Attending:
By end of this course, delegates will be able to:-
- PROFILE the fraudster
- EMBED anti-fraud culture.
- DEVELOP counter fraud strategy and tactics
- APPLY the key stages of Fraud Loss Measurement
- UNDERSTAND techniques of proactive investigation
- MANAGE fraud problem; both internal and external
- CONSIDER how an anti-fraud department can be proactive
- IDENTIFY and MEASURE fraud loss and the true cost of fraud
- CONDUCT and RECORD an investigation utilising the PEACE model
- PRACTICE scoping, preparing, communicating, reviewing, analysing and reporting fraud
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed for managers, executives or/and professionals responsible for preventing fraud and protecting the business reputation and finances. This includes in the areas of:
- Anti-money laundering
- Contracts procurement and
Why you Should Attend?
Many organisations have a Counter Fraud Strategy in place that is designed around known risk and detected fraud. This two day course aims to look at how we can measure our undetected fraud, the fraud we don’t know about, and then redesign our strategy to counter the true cost of fraud being perpetrated. Once we know the true level of fraud and its related cost, we can treat it like any other business cost and find ways to reduce it.
The course is very interactive being practical skills and knowledge based. Certification included.