Refractory determines the productivity and profitability of pyrometallurgical vessels. This workshop will allow users of refractories to acquire the knowledge to troubleshoot refractory related problems, identify what needs to be controlled in procuring and installing refractories and enabling the end user to interrogate and compare supplier products and services. The aim of the workshop is to equip end users with a toolkit to ask the right questions when dealing with refractories.
This dynamic course is a combination of instructional techniques including presentations by an experienced practitioner, activities, and group discussions covering current practices and their relationship to the usage of new models.
Key benefits of attending this workshop
By end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- IDENTIFY compatible refractories to the end user process
- CLASSIFY and understand failure modes and how to remedy these
- UNDERSTAND the behavior of refractories under operational conditions
- IMPLEMENT quality and inspection plans for refractory supply and installation
- CONDUCT simple calculations with regards to heat transfer and expansion allowances
- TO BE ABLE TO ask the refractory supplier key questions on product performance and
- COMPREHEND how installation affects refractory performance and what aspects to monitor
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for refractory professionals serving in the petroleum, petrochemical and chemical industries equipping all of them with the skills to better evaluate the programs and communicate in a common language. Therefore, the course useful for:
- Fields Engineer
- Project engineer
- Process Engineers
- Facilities Engineers
- Inspection Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Maintenance engineer
- Operation Engineers
- Head of maintenance
- Plant Inspector Manager
- Engineering Support
- Technical Support
- Process Technologist
Why you should Attend?
In an economic environment where cost pressures in smelters and refineries need to be controlled more closely, metallurgists and/or engineers need to be able to have the knowledge to ensure that the refractories utilized, ensures maximum productivity at the lowest cost.
The 2 day workshop in Refractory Management is intended for attendees to experience a world class insight of key aspects of refractory linings and be well versed of the best types of installations, their behavior and the role refractories have in these installations.