This 2-day practical workshop will begin with an overview of Furnace Fundamentals, that covers the heat transfer, temperature control, operating conditions. This is followed by the Fundamentals of combustion and heat transfer, leading to the construction and operating conditions of types of furnaces and combustion burners.
Day two will be more of a hands-on experience approach, with Heat transfer and Furnace Operation, then Inspection of furnace sections, burners and common problem areas, Maintenance of the air flow, burner tilts and mechanical conditions and Trouble Shooting, start-up and shut down, diagnostic facilities, incidents, case study’s and start up procedures.
Each session is based on trainer input, application of content to delegates’ organizations and group based discussion. Relevant case material is explored and evaluated where appropriate. This provides delegates with new and novel insights based on other organizations’ experiences.
Key benefits of attending this workshop
- OBTAIN industry insights and concepts from a highly experienced operations and maintenance expert.
- DIAGNOSE common burner problems and describe how they can be recognized
- EXAMINE practical case studies from industry experiences around the world.
- ADHERE to international recommended practices within the industry
- IDENTIFY bad-quality combustion from flue gas analysis and flame study, and implement corrective steps
- RECOGNIZE the main operating and material constraints for an optimal, safe and reliable furnace operation
Who Should Attend?
Executive managers; senior managers; section managers; superintendent; engineers; technicians of:
- Operations (QA/QC; production; maintenance; reliability)
- Project Management
- Commissioning & Decommissioning
- Infrastructure & building
Why you should Attend?
Anyone working on or associated with Industrial Plants - heat transfer systems will greatly profit from this course as the ‘Aim’ of this course is to provide you with the knowledge and practical skills necessary to inspect, assess, trouble shoot and maintain the Plant Furnace Systems. By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of Furnaces
- Have an understanding of Furnace Construction and Operating Conditions
- Demonstrate good Inspection and Maintenance practices
- Demonstrate fault finding through practical experience