This course gives managers and executives with no prior background in Finance and/or Accounting the basic foundation to understand financial accounting, financial reporting and business fundamentals.
This workshop targets any manager or executive with a non-financial background looking to learn the fundamentals of finance. The course is presented in a manner that reduces the jargon to basic principles.
This training will enable the attendees to develop their skills and knowledge in relation to major financial areas that they have to deal with while running the business in order to enable them to effectively carry out their pertinent duties in a highly professional standard.
Key benefits of attending this workshop
- UNDERSTAND fundamental business finance concepts
- READ and effectively interpret financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and statements of retained earnings
- DEVELOP knowledge in cash flow estimation
- CONSIDER different financial constraints for the implementation of a project
- DEVELOP awareness of key financial ratios analysis
- START Identifying and analyzing important financial data
- RECOGNIZE key financial terms and their role in company finance
- MAKING financial decisions
- DETERMINE whether a company is financially high or low or at risk
- BE aware of major accounting principles such as cash and accrual accounting
- IDENTIFY the accounting process: journals/ledgers, how debits & credits work
- USE the balance sheet to examine assets and liabilities
- ANALYZE the income statement to assess revenues and expenses
- TAKE the guesswork out of your decision making; deliver a better bottom line
- EXPAND your professional expertise—and your career opportunities
Who Should Attend?
This Workshop has been researched and developed for Directors, Managers, Superintendents, Supervisors, Engineers, Planners, Team Leaders, Project Coordinators, Human Resource Management, and Sales & Marketing in the technical and non-technical departments from in every functional area of responsibility
Across all industries
Why you should Attend?
A rapidly changing and increasingly competitive global resource industry has resulted in a focus on efficient financial management and smart financial decision making.
For the technical manager this has meant a high level of technical expertise is no longer sufficient for superior management performance. If you are required in your line of work to manage assets, analyze investment proposals, justify or approve expenditure then attending this Masterclass will equip you with the essential skills you need.