Gamification is the use of game elements and game design techniques in non-game contexts, including business. The concept is that by redesigning everyday routines to contain more game-like and interactive elements, activities such as employee training and recruiting can be made more engaging, fulfilling, fun and productive.
With the potential to direct behaviours towards business objectives, motivate and improve outcomes such as performance, engagement and retention, Michiel focused on exploring the opportunities gamifications presents for HR professionals.
Research suggests that gamification is much more than a passing fad; it can be a key part of an organisation’s strategic human resources management (HRM) approach. While gamification of HR may be in its early stages, an understanding of the opportunities that it offers can only be an advantage for HR Professionals.
“97% of managers spend at least one day a year on digital learning. But 79% believe their organisation is not realising digital learning potential or have not thought about how digital can help reach organizational goals.”
- Achieve Success as a Leader in the Digital Age, Middle East Business Intelligence (MEED), 2nd May 2017
Major Benefits Of Attending:
By end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- GET a clear understanding of what gamification is and what is isn’t
- LEARN the basic principles of gamification
- SEE great examples of how gamification is applied in companies and businesses
- GAIN insights from world’s leading gamification experts
- EXPERIENCE the power of games and gamification by playing yourself
- ASSEMBLE a toolkit of elements you can use in designing gamification solutions
- WORD on your own gamification challenge with a team of peers
- BE ENCOURAGED to create awareness and support for gamification in your organization
- BE INSPIRED to successfully apply gamification to your enterprise
- EXPERIENCE, LEARN and USE the power of gamification to engage and influence behaviour
- DRIVE employee engagement, productivity and results
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is specifically designed for:
- Vice President
- Senior HR Business Partners
- HR Directors
- Senior Managers
- HR Managers
- HR Business Analyst
- Learning & Development Manager
- Head of Culture
- Functional Development Lead
- Talent & Organizational Development Consultant
- Head of Performance and Development
“Games have different levels and reward points. We use these in tracking progress and measuring performance. For example, employees can earn reward points for performing well and earn a chance to work from home once a week. These are benefits that companies can give out to deserving employees, to reward employees.”
- Taking Performance Management to the Next Level, Digital News Asia, 31st January 2017
Why you Should Attend?
It is an attractive and expensive way how to increase the visibility of Human Resources in the organizations. In addition, it has a positive impact on the employee engagement and retention. Most employees do not like HR processes, but they like to play games. The gamification of HR processes and procedures can turn the boring experience into a funny game that navigates employees to the next level. On the other hand, it is hard to identify the engaging idea for most HR processes; the training and development, the recruitment, and the referral recruitment are the areas where the gamification works best. On the other hand, it is hard to introduce the gamification to administrative processes. It is dangerous to add competitions to administrative tasks that everyone has to accomplish successfully. In such a case, the company can enjoy enormous damages. Each game or the competition should be purely voluntary.
This two day course will guide all HR Professionals with decision making authorities with the ideas and ways on how they can use gamification in improving each and every employee’s progress at work, and at the same time be able to see boosted results in them.
The focus of the workshop will be HR, but it can also be very useful for sales & marketing, Learning &Development, Customer Experience Designers and Self-employed professionals who want to harness power of gamification.