This course is intended to outline and refi ne the processes and methodologies whereby a business, a procurement department or an individual can manage and deploy negotiation as an effective tool in contract negotiation and finalisation.
It also looks at just what IS a contract? And what is negotiation? Through case studies, workshops and some role play we will study the vital interconnection of the two.
Major Benefits Of Attending
- EXAMINE the definition of what a contract is in procurement terms
- UNDERSTAND what is and is not a contract
- APPRECIATE the limits of a contract
- EXPLORE how a contract can develop during negotiation
- EXAMINE the definition of negotiation
- UNDERSTAND what makes effective negotiation
- UNDERSTAND how effective negotiation is key to contract viability
Who Should Attend?
Chief Executive Officers, Chief Operating Officers, Directors, General Managers, Vice Presidents, Heads, Senior Managers, Managers and Senior Executives of
- Supply Chain
- Procurement & Sourcing
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Supplier Risk Management (SRM)
- Inventory Management
- Price control
- Strategic Planning
- Senior non-procurement management.
- Dual tasked management with a procurement responsibility
- Procurement management
- Supply Chain management
- Sales and Marketing staff
From across all industries
Why you Should Attend?
Understanding the commercial formality of a contract is crucial to the success and professional reputation of your organisation, and the buyer personally. You will learn the fundamentals of how to prepare and deliver effective negotiations and deliver optimal value and low risk outcomes for your organisation.
You will understand how to draw on the strength contained within your organisation and how to manage that resource to best effect. Furthermore, you will definitely gain a thorough understanding of how effective negotiations and contracting can contribute toward a more agile and efficient organisation.