This loading master certification course tackles mastering the art of loading and unloading activities and carrying the responsibilities that come with it. The course involves Custody Transfer, which in short means the transporting of physical substance from one operator to another. It also includes the transferring of raw and refined petroleum between tanks and tankers. Every step of this Custody Transfer Operation such as safety, quality and quantity protection, preparation by planning, transparent communication and organization, are necessary skills needed. This workshop focuses on maximum efficiency and pragmatic control to minimize port turnaround time.
Major Benefits Of Attending:
By end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- UNDERSTAND the detail of cargo
- IDENTIFY the major hazards of cargo handling
- ESTABLISH a working understanding with the ship crew
- UNDERSTAND the detail of the Ship / Shore Safety Checklist
- IDENTIFY the duties and responsibilities of a Loading Master
- IDENTIFY the cargo handling and storage equipment at the terminal
- ASSESS the different types of mooring arrangements and berthing options
- IDENTIFY the procedures of Custody Transfer and associated documentation
- RECOGNISE cargo equipment and cargo handling techniques on the various tanker types
- DIFFERENTIATE between the various tanker disciplines, the cargoes and their characteristics
- RECOGNISE the importance of the accurate and detailed exchange of information between the ship and the terminal prior to arrival
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed for anyone with immediate responsibility for loading, discharging and care in custody transfer or handling oil or gas cargoes especially oil and gas operators, vessel owners and operators, surveyors, marine superintendents.
Delegates can also include staffs, directors, strategy managers, financial manager, operation managers and agents from:
- Oil & Gas Industry
- Port Management
- Terminal Operations
- Port policy
- Shipping Management
- Supply chain
- Energy & Logistics
- Administrative and Non-operational Office
- Nautical Operations
Why you Should Attend?
The training program will help the loading master to coordinate all activities linked to the loading, discharge or transhipment of your product. Loading Master once trained will be the key link between the vessel, terminal operators and third-party surveyors, providing unique expert knowledge on vessel operations from a marine point of view, and an understanding of associated shore operations.
After Attending this course participants will be expected to have sufficient and adequate knowledge about: tankers and cargo, dangers, precaution and the rules of the reverent national and international levels, to be applied in carrying out its work, in order to prevent losses because of mistakes in handling cargo, including accident, including pollution, claim/protest because of an error calculating the charges.