The commissioning process for existing buildings commonly referred to as retro commissioning or EBCx, is a systematic process that optimizes an existing building’s performance by identifying and implementing relatively low-cost operational and maintenance improvements, thereby ensuring that the building’s performance meets owner expectations.
This workshop allows you to learn the guidelines that describe the process, including detailed descriptions of the tasks undertaken in the investigation, implementation, and hand-off phases, as well as outlines of the typical deliverables.
The focus of this workshop will mainly be on the aspects of the building commissioning process that can be applied cost effectively to existing buildings and provides the necessary foundation for anyone considering an EBCx project.
Key benefits of attending this workshop
By end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- UNDERSTAND the Existing Building Commissioning (EBCx) Process
- EXPLAIN the performance and occupant benefits of commissioning a building
- EVALUATE existing building opportunities for increased building performance, occupant welfare, and comfort
- CONDUCT the commissioning activity, including functional performance testing, diagnostic monitoring, observation, and group and individual interviews
- DEVELOP the master list of findings, prioritizing those findings for implementation, and employ persistence strategies once improvements are completed
- UNDERSTAND financial and operational benefits of the Existing Building Commissioning (EBCx) Process.
- UNDERSTAND the benefits of utilizing incentive funding
- DETERMINE the expected results of implementing EBCx for their facilities and how to reduce a building energy use/ costs and identify HVAC related health and safety issues
Who Should Attend?
The process for EBCx presented is designed to be useful for the following individuals:
- Building Owners
- Facility Managers
- Project Managers
- Engineering Consultants
- Utilities and O&M personnel
Why You Should Attend?
You will learn about the Existing Building Commissioning (EBCx) process and how to implement this process on an existing building, with lessons learned from a commissioning professional and Professional Engineer.
This training course will give a world class approach on commissioning and the benefits of commissioning for existing buildings, followed by how to implement EBCx by walking the delegate through each step of the process. Benefits of, and difficulties with, implementing the commissioning process on existing projects are evaluated. Finally, sample case studies are provided to discuss the lessons learned on the EBCx implementation process.