The world is changing in such a fast pace that organizations are struggling to keep up. Facilities management is at the core of this change due to its dynamic and interdisciplinary nature. Unless, facilities and maintenance practitioners equip themselves with up to date Facilities Management (FM) knowledge, their organizations will be left behind as time passes. This will have dire effect on the organization’s productivity, operational costs, energy management among other aspects.
Whether it’s in banking, process plant, education, health care or manufacturing, Facility Management is the silent pillar that contributes to the strategic objectives of a business in the dynamic world we live in. Management of facilities can significantly affect the profitability of a company with success dependent on reducing the overhead cost of being in the business as well as downtime.
This program will cover a range of Facilities Management issues, offering insight into recent developments in the profession. It will also discuss everyday problems encountered by companies and offer possible solutions that may be at their disposal. Key to the success of individuals in this field of Facilities Management is the ability to deal with people, to manage change and simultaneous operations and to deal with challenges while working under pressure.
Key benefits of attending this workshop
By end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- DEVELOP a strategy for the effective management of hard FM services
- POSITION FM as an enabler of performance improvement in the organizational context
- INTERPRET and meet FM requirements within the context of own job role
- UNDERSTAND how to apply best practice techniques in hard FM management
- INTERPRET FM requirements relevant to the maintenance and improvement of the built environment
- UNDERSTAND different FM models to facilitate an improved level of service delivery
- UNDERSTAND how to procure and manage FM contracts applicable to the role
- EXTRACT and APPLY FM performance indicators
- UNDERSTAND the application of new technology to the FM sector
Who Should Attend?
- Companies with a Facilities Management programme in place or those thinking about implementing one
- Any person currently in the fi eld of Facilities Management e.g. building services and estate managers
- Those who are interested in moving into the field of Facilities Management
Why You Should Attend?
The Programme would be designed so that by the end of the course delegates will have a deeper understanding of:
- The role of the Facility Manager in managing hard services
- The importance of FM and its value to organisations
- The impact of physical building characteristics on FM
- Key aspects of building services
- Types of contract and managing those contracts effectively
- Basic awareness of the monitoring and evaluation of contracts
- Managing Contractors safely and effectively
In order to maximize engagement, the delivery will include group work, case studies, interactive exercises, gamification and scenarios, practical tools and techniques and example of best practice processes and records. Video clips will also be included.