Organizations are constantly under increasing pressure to find ways to implement their business strategies in a rapidly changing global business environment like we are living in today in which planning lifecycles tend to shrink and reduce the ‘time-to-market’ intervals. While at the same time, organizations are putting more emphasis on aligning the organization and people component in their attempt to achieve business goals more effectively and efficiently. Workforce planning and Forecasting is now seen as an essential factor in achieving overall business success especially when it comes to reducing overall operating expenses to ensure greater shareholder return.
Workforce Planning and Forecasting if done effectively is one way to ensure the long-term viability of the business since it maximizes the use of an organization’s financial resources by minimizing organization employee bloat issues ensuring the right person, at the right time in the right place. So basically stated the definition of Workforce planning and Forecasting relates to the process of ensuring that the resource requirements of an organization are identified and that plans are developed and executed in order to satisfy those requirements.
Therefore, the primary objective of workforce planning is to provide the required employee workforce compliment required to achieve its strategic business goals in the areas of:
- Rightsizing – making sure that there are sufficient, but not too many, people to deliver on the required activities throughout the organization. Anticipate the problems of potential surpluses or deficits of people and action accordingly
- Optimizing – managing the competency profile of the organization to ensure that the workforce has the right skill sets to build the capabilities required to deliver on the business strategy
- Utilizing – optimizing the output delivered by the human resources in the organization by putting people in roles that match their personal preferences and profi les
- Guiding - Providing clear guidelines for other HR activities - links into recruitment / retention strategies, talent management, employee relations, workforce practices, policies, rewards and compensation strategies.
This Workshop will focus on the fundamentals and processes for effective workforce planning throughout the organization which participants can apply back on the job.
Key benefits of attending this workshop
- Manpower planning has a direct impact on the bottom line results through cost optimization, improved workforce motivation and output, and improved organizational alignment, including HR best practices
- Redeployment / Rightsizing – Organizations involved in resizing of a workforce also called a reduction in force, lay-offs or downsizing should address both the people who are leaving as well as those who will remain to maintain productivity during this transition. It is key to retain people with the competencies required to build the desired organizational capabilities
- Knowledge workers vs. Traditional workers – Automation of routine work has resulted in opportunities for people who are equipped to handle complexity and ambiguity.
- This type of talent is extremely important to most organizations but needs to be identify and nurtured before the value can be released. The knowledge workers are a hot commodity and it is necessary to develop an understanding of the needs of these individuals in order to retain and maximise the value of their talent
- Participants will be given a common Workforce Planning Model and manual that can be used and implemented throughout their organizations
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is intended for:
- Line operation functional managers
- Human resources staff
- Corporate strategic planners
- OD consultants
- Internal OE
- Financial staff
Why You Should Attend?
At the end of the workshop participants will:
- Understand the importance of how Workforce Planning and Forecasting relates to overall corporate business success
- Learn the fundamentals of Workforce Planning that can be applied back on the job
- Learn a step-by-step procedure to conduct Workforce Planning in their own organization
- Realize the importance of taking an organization-wide perspective when implementing a Workforce Planning initiative
- Understand the overall importance of identifying basic “business planning assumptions” prior to launching an internal Workforce Planning project
- Review an organization functional rightsizing model and the benefi ts of using one in their own organization to reduce employee bloat levels
- Learn the importance of reengineering business process throughout the entire organization to eliminate non value added processes, work and tasks