The Fire and Gas Systems (FGS) must be checked for functionality on a routine basis. Documentation is essential for training, record keeping, and troubleshooting. The objective of this workshop is to provide delegates with a working knowledge of all aspects of fire and gas detection principles, fixed fi re and gas detection system functionality - including associated hardware and wiring. This will include discussion of hazardous incidents, fire and gas detection system critical performance criteria. Maintenance schedules and audit trails and SIL methodology will also be discussed.
Key benefits of attending this workshop
By end of this course, delegates will be able to:-
- UNDERSTAND the facility and initial risk
- MANAGE maintenance schedules and audit trails
- GO OVER variations of fi re, flame and gas detection
- DISCUSS the beneficial effect of fi re and gas systems
- ANALYSE the impact on overall risk of the consequences
- CONDUCT and RECORD timely actions with its consequences
- PRACTICE managing data for fast decision making and data security
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed for Control Systems Engineers, Fire and Gas System Specialists, Process Safety Professionals, Process Operator, Process Technicians, Engineering Management.
This includes but not limited in the area of:
- Gas Storage
- Petrochemical Facilities
Why You Should Attend?
FGS are important tools for safeguarding process plants and production facilities that handle flammable and toxic materials. All such facilities have inherent fi re risk that cannot be fully mitigated by preventative instrumented functions, in some cases these facilities require the installation of fi re and gas systems to mitigate these hazards.
Upon completion of the course, participants will have a better understanding of the operations, maintenance, and testing associated with FGS. This exposure will better prepare technicians to further expand their knowledge base during on-the-job training and practical experience at the plant site.
- All classroom exercises and discussions will be supported and complemented by case studies, discussions and slide presentations.
- Course notes will provide a comprehensive reference source of great value to all delegates on return to their job location.