Fraud detection is a topic applicable to many industries including banking and financial sectors, insurance, government agencies, retail, manufacturing, insurance, construction, law enforcement, and more. Fraud attempts have seen a drastic increase in recent years, making
fraud detection more important than ever. The uncertain economic climate seems to have increased the temptation to commit fraud. Despite efforts on the part of the affected institutions, hundreds of millions of dollars are lost to fraud every year. Since relatively few cases show fraud in a large population, finding these can be tricky.
Key benefits of attending this workshop
By end of this course, delegates will be able to:-
- EXAMINE of fraud ‘red flags’
- UNDERSTAND techniques of proactive investigation.
- CONSIDER how an anti-fraud department can be proactive
- BE PROACTIVE in looking for and identifying these red flags
- CREATE specific measure to ‘prevent, detect, and respond’ to fraud
- CONDUCT and RECORD an investigative interview utilizing the PEACE model
- GO OVER effective fraud prevention initiatives and how they can be effectively utilised
- PRACTICE data mining and analytics and how these can be used to detect and prevent fraud
- MANAGE an incident of fraud from detection through to reporting and disciplinary action
- GAIN a comprehensive overview of the impact of fraud across the public and private sectors
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed for managers, executives or/and professionals responsible for preventing fraud and protecting the business reputation and finances. This includes in the areas of:
- Anti-money laundering
- Contracts procurement and Purchasing
Why you should Attend?
The course is delivered across 2 days. The learning in this masterclass will be supported by case studies to stimulate and engage delegates to examine a fraud case thus enabling individuals to understand the type of fraud, how it was committed, how to detect it and finally how to effectively implement specific measures for improvement by looking at best practices, situational theory and more. This way, each delegate will have a stronger insight when developing their own action plan for individual’s organization.