API welcomes highly specialized inspectors, engineers, other professionals across the entire petrochemical industry to obtain the API 580 Risk Based Inspection as a validation of their profound knowledge of Risked Based Inspection (RBI).
RBI has quickly become one of the industry’s premiere instruments and preferred methods of inspection with well supported software to update the equipment integrity and inspection frequency in highly efficient and scientific way. The API 580 will add significant value to your professional credentials, demonstrating to your employers and clients that you have obtained a high level of proficiency and understanding in this very important field.
Key benefits of attending this workshop
By end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- ENSURE that all objectives of the course match yours
- APPLY and DELIVER immediate results in real work situations
- LEARN to identify deterioration mechanisms and failure modes
- DISCUSS of risk-based inspection documentation and recordkeeping
- BE INFORMATIVE first-hand, up-to-date and practical knowledge of the respective industrial discipline
- BETTER UNDERSTAND the purpose, scope, and examination of the critical steps in the RBI process
- EXAMINE the risk-based inspection priority matrix and the means to utilize its results in determining inspection priorities
Who Should Attend?
Engineers, Supervisors, and Managers and Individuals who are responsible for implementing risk-based inspection programs within their own company or plant facility such as Mechanical integrity, Equipment Reliability, and Inspection Personnel who are responsible for maintaining the serviceability of process plant equipment
Can also be beneficial for the pulp and paper, natural gas, chemical and other industries that use and maintain pressurized equipment.
Why you should Attend?
The purpose of this document is to provide users with the basic elements for developing and implementing a risk-based inspection (RBI) program. The methodology is presented in a step-by-step manner to the maximum extent practicable.
- RBI is a risk assessment and management tool that addresses an area not completely addressed in other organizational risk management efforts such as Process Hazards Analyses (PHA) or reliability centered maintenance (RCM). It complements these efforts to provide a more thorough assessment of the risks associated with equipment operations.
- RBI produces Inspection and Maintenance Plans for equipment that identifies the actions that should be implemented to provide reliable and safe operation.
- The RBI effort can provide input into an organization’s annual planning and budgeting that define the staffing and funds required to maintain equipment operation at acceptable levels of performance and risk
- Case studies and examples included will bring to life the components that will be discussed and dissected over the two days.