CIPN, (“Certified International Professional Negotiator”), is a certification program designed for international business practitioners by the International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI) for those individuals who wish to increase their international negotiation skills. This program is dedicated to promote negotiation skills and knowledge to world-class standards.
CIPN is designed to evaluate objectively professionals on their ability to learn and apply international business negotiation knowledge, skill, and ability. If the professional wishes to obtain certification, he/she must demonstrate such knowledge, skill, and ability through a “real-world” international “mock negotiation” conducted on the last day of the class and successfully pass an 80 question multiple choice certification examination.
Key benefits of attending this workshop
- Master Win-Win Negotiation and other negotiation strategies
- Use the Science of Negotiation when planning for negotiation
- Discover relevant aspects of your own personality and behavioral tendencies as well as your needs, goals, and power
- Perceive and assess relevant aspects of your counterpart’s personality, needs, power, and behavior
- Practice the rules of effective listening, speaking, questioning and observation
- Learn to apply appropriate negotiation tactics and how to counter “Nasty Tricks” From the opposition
- Learn to look for common ground and common goals in negotiation
- Know when to continue and know when to walk away From a negotiation
- Learn to maintain your personal integrity and trust
- Learn to confirm the status of a negotiation and how to conclude a successful negotiation
- Learn the importance of Pre-Negotiation and Post- Negotiation Documentation
- Learn why negotiation is important in awarding and administering a “Quality Contract”
In these difficult times most organizations are looking for ways to create value and effect cost savings and reductions. World-class organizations have found the answer in their achievement of world-class negotiation.
Winning tough negotiations require “Master Negotiators” who achieve that status through training and modeling the behavior of those who have achieved that status through their own training, hard work, and perseverance. It should not surprise anyone that the Return of Investment from negotiation is typically on the order of 20 to 1.
Who Should Attend?
- Business and Contract Negotiators
- Import-export dealers
- Procurement personnel involved in global procurement/purchasing
- International marketing and sales personnel
- Anyone who wishes to be a CIPN or wants to be trained in international negotiation
Why you should Attend?
Professional certification offers individuals a wide range of important benefits. The certification designation demonstrates to current and potential employers that the employee possesses a solid foundation of experience and education in a field of endeavor that can have a positive impact on bottom-line results.
Certification symbolizes knowledge and accomplishment and is highly regarded by colleagues and employers. As a certified professional, the employee can proudly join a successful group of professionals who are enriching and advancing their careers and their chosen professions. Specific benefits include the following:
Professionalism -- Certification indicates a high level of professionalism to both coworkers and customers, increasing one’s value in the market place.
Leadership -- Certification signifies an employee as dedicated to continuous improvement of himself/herself.
Recognition -- Only a small fraction of professionals ever achieve certification, indicating that they are a leading professional in their fields.
Knowledge -- Certification will improve one’s understanding of the most current processes and trends in one’s profession.
Ethical Behavior—Individuals who become certified must subscribe to a rigorous code of ethics appropriate to the specific profession.