Every department should have the ability to implement its emergency response plan at a moment’s notice. This practical, two-day workshop helps your company be prepared in the event of a worst-case scenario, gives you the knowledge needed to put together an effective response and provides tips for updating your company’s emergency response plan at least every other year. Participants learn the issues involved in related disasters, which also can readily be applied in events.
First and foremost, preparedness must focus on prevention and mitigation—taking pre-emptive measures to help communities avoid emergencies and become better equipped so that the impact of disasters are reduced. Since some risks cannot be completely mitigated, Country Offices should always remain in a state of readiness to respond to crises.
This course will give you a greater understanding of the emergency response planning process. It is ideal for middle to senior managers or new employees who may, in the course of their normal duties, be called upon to take up a position in their company’s emergency response organization.
Key benefits of attending this workshop
- GAIN an in depth understanding of the Emergency Response Plan and Place Release technique
- LEARN how to enhance on scene leadership capabilities and techniques
- ANALYSE the importance of human factors in ensuring the best psychological readiness, allocation of resources, deployment, discipline and leadership
- ENHANCE the capability of personnel to make to correct critical decision in an emergency situation
- LEARN how to effectively work with other Agencies in the practical implementation of emergency response plan and crisis management plans
- ASCERTAIN best practice in Emergency Response plan design and layout
- ACQUIRE interactive exercise planning skills and improve the management of major event exercise
- PREPARE, write and test emergency plans that are appropriate to the risk that your organization is exposed to
- UNDERSTAND how to identify hazards and prepare a comprehensive hazard register.
- ESTABLISH an incident command system and ensure your communication lines between your team and external support groups are perfect
Who Should Attend?
This course is recommended for CEOs, VPs, Directors, GMs, HODs, Senior Managers, and Managers responsible for:
- Emergency Management and Response
- Business Continuity
- Crisis Communication
- Corporate Communications
- Project Development
- Public an age Relations
- Public Affairs
- Corporate Affairs
- Marketing Communications
- Media Relations
- Investor Relations
- Brand Communication
- Corporate Branding
- Internal & External Communications
- Media/Digital Media/Social Media and Corporate Social Responsibility
Why you should Attend?
The ability to cope with any sort of incident, whatever it may be, is essential to any organization. All companies, when put under pressure, should have the ability to respond in a manner that is entirely satisfactory in order to maintain their business and their credibility. Incidents cannot be avoided entirely, but can be handled in such a way that their impact is reduced and they do not turn into crises. The correct handling of risk allows a company to stand out from other competitors.
This 2 day workshop will ensure that you have the required tools to prepare your company for a worst-case scenario and to develop your own emergency response plan for your company. Additionally, it will provide you with the skills and expertise to respond effectively in the event of an emergency, and to understand the unique issues involved in an organizational related disaster.