The NEC4 suite of contracts now provides an even greater range of potential contract and procurement solutions for Clients who are undertaking projects and works programs of all types and sizes. Users who are familiar with NEC3 contracts will have no trouble moving to NEC4. The style, layout, terminology and key project management processes that run through in NEC contracts remain.
Many of the new features added to the existing contracts are optional, allowing flexibility in the procurement choice, for example it still remains possible to create very simple short contracts using NEC4. It has been 12 years since NEC3 was published, and the publication of NEC4 responds to demand from users to continually improve the way that their projects and work programs are delivered. NEC4 supports the on-going drive for further collaboration and integration of teams, use of modern work methods, to avoid disputes, and to identify and manage both risk and opportunity for a successful outcome.
Key benefits of attending this workshop
- MASTER the processes and procedures applicable to the implementation and administration of NEC4 construction, maintenance, supply and professional services contracts
- RECOGNISE the differences between contract strategies using the ECC
- KNOW how to use Contract Data and Scope
- UNDERSTAND the roles and responsibilities of the key parties under the NEC4 contract
- LEARN how to quantify claims for additional time and for additional money using a prospective approach and by the NEC’s Schedule of Cost Components
- UNDERSTAND how you can make the best use of the NEC4 contract
- IDENTIFY the common issues still occurring on projects working to NEC3 and how they could be overcome/avoided
Who Should Attend?
This course is highly recommended for employers, contractors, consultants and professionals using NEC contracts and those who are involved with or responsible for the procurement and implementation thereof.
- Employers (Operating in retail, infrastructure, transportation, petrochemical or the oil and gas industry)
- Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Engineers and Project Managers
- Quantity Surveyors and Cost Engineers
- Legal Advisors
And others involved with or responsible for the procurement and implementation of NEC contracts
Why you should Attend?
This event has been developed to help practitioners understand the new complete NEC4 suite of standard construction and facilities management contracts, which is planned to be launched in June 2017. The workshop will focus on the key changes affecting the NEC4 contract, as well as the new contracts introduced. The NEC suite of contracts has become the contract of choice for many public sector procurers of construction and maintenance works, and it is critical that practitioners understand changes to the contracts, as well as accompanying guidance.
Delegates of this course will have a much clearer understanding of the intent of the specific contractual clauses of the new NEC4 contracts and in practical terms begin to see how they should understood/ administered for the benefit t of all parties on a particular project.