Running a business involves entering into many different relationships and dealing with many different people and organizations. The terms of each different relationship and arrangement need to be documented so that each party is aware of his/her rights and obligations and duties in respect of it. As well as ensuring that both parties understand the agreement being made, they also ensure that there is a signed record of the agreement in case disputes arise. Each type of agreement must satisfy certain legal requirements and these will differ according to the nature of the relationship and the form of business.
It is important to make sure that all of your business contracts are drawn up professionally and are legal watertight, as it is essential that both parties understand the terms included and are aware of their rights and responsibilities afforded by the contract. Poorly worded contract terms could have serious implications for both parties and their stakeholders.
This course is designed to provide delegates with an understanding of what is required to successfully prepare and negotiate commercial contracts. This course provides participants with an opportunity to develop the skill of effective contract drafting. Participants will also gain an insight into the key terms and considerations involved in typical commercial agreements.
Key benefits of attending this workshop
- LEARN how to use industry negotiation documents to best advantage
- UNDERSTAND the key issues to be addressed in standard commercial contracts
- KNOW the legal and practical nuances of so called “boiler plate” provisions
- IDENTIFY the best dispute resolution mechanisms for all contracts
- GAIN an intuitive understanding of the different types of commercial contracts, how they fi t together and their commercial drivers
- MASTER innovative negotiation skills
- HAVE increased confidence and credibility in negotiations, arbitration and dispute resolution
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for all staff involved in Contract Management. For example:
- Head-Contract Administration and Management
- Head of Legal
- Corporate Legal Counsel
- General Counsel
- Chief Counsel
- Regional Counsel
- Legal Managers
- Corporate Legal Advisors
- Company Secretaries
- Senior Legal Practitioners
- Legal Consultants
Why you should Attend?
This practical two day workshop provides training and _hands-on_ experience in preparing and negotiating commercial contracts. This is for delegates who already understand the basic principles of contract drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, and wish to take their drafting and negotiation skills to an advanced level. The workshop explores the principles of preparing contract, with examples, exercises and practical case studies; allowing delegates to increase their knowledge and practise their drafting skills with other experienced practitioners.