For senior executives, this course is your overview of the current landscape, regulations, Fintech innovations and best practices required to work in the investment banking industry. This curriculum is constantly being updated, and will be able to give you the tools necessary to successfully continue a career in investment banking. Specifically, mastering the materials will help you become more knowledgeable and efficient and thereby facilitate your development of the many other soft skills required to be a top-rated contributor at the bank you work for.
Over the past several years, Google’s investment arms have ranked among the most active investors in fintech with portfolio investments ranging from next-gen insurance carriers to personal savings apps to marketplace lending platforms. From micro-duration mobile insurance apps to online P2P insurance carriers, a wave of new upstarts are hoping to build the next disruptive business model in insurance.
Alternative data is beginning to play an important role on the buy-side. Datasets ranging from point of sale transactions to website usage to municipality records to satellite imagery to mobile app data are starting to be used by traditional long-short funds, quantitative hedge funds and mutual funds to track industries ranging from construction to retail to tech to real estate. Retail bank branches are closing, consumers are migrating to a fragmented field of niche financial services start-ups, and there’s growing competition for deposits and loan accounts from tech-enabled services. Our goal is to educate professionals on Fintech innovations they need to know to perform their job well, and as necessary, to prepare for interviews. The field is intensely competitive—if you don’t know what you are doing, you will have a huge disadvantage and therefore have a very hard time being successful. Our path to learning these concepts was quite difficult, but as our experience demonstrates, investment banking technical concepts can be learned and mastered.
Key benefits of attending this workshop
- INTRODUCE you to the emerging and global institutions that are making those changes happen
- IMPROVE EFFICIENCY and DECREASE the costs of internal business functions such as expense reporting, contract labor management, and time-and-billing procedures
- ENGAGING in “one-to-one marketing,” to tailor the online experience to fi t unique individual needs
- MANAGING procedures that required seemingly endless phone calls, paperwork, and manpower in days or hours, electronically
- GAIN UNDERSTANDING of the measures which need to be put in place in response to new regulation
- INCREASE market share & revenue by expanding technology related product offerings to clients
- ANALYZE case studies and real world lessons to better prepare you
Who Should Attend
From banks, insurance companies, financial technology, & fund managers:
- Business owners
- Technologists and CTOs
- Fintech executives and practitioners
- Sales executives and investment professionals
- Hedge funds, sell side banks, market utilities
- Venture capital professionals and investment banking professional
- Private equity Firms
- Market structure players, like exchanges and clearing houses
More generally, any person who is interested in learning more about these topics and their impacts in our today’s society must join.
Why you should Attend?
This seminar is a must for firms looking to develop their people, processes and systems to cope with the demands of many stakeholders, regulators and customers. The disruptive innovations are transforming the way financial services are structured, provisioned and consumed. The Fintech start-ups are eager to provide better services to millions of frustrated consumers than the services offered by the traditional institutions.
Within the last year funds raised by these new companies have skyrocketed, and this trend should continue for the most innovative start-ups. This is a great opportunity to witness the future of finance.