Swaps and derivatives have become more and more complex and have come under closer regulatory scrutiny as their notional values exceeds even the combined world GDP. As the range of users and applications of swaps and derivatives increase, so the legal and documentation problems become more difficult and require ever-more sophisticated techniques. In this seminar you will learn the law, finance and how to negotiate the 1992 and 2002 ISDA Master Agreements as well as their Schedules. These documents have become the de facto global standard for the global OTC derivatives trade with a notional value of above $700 Trillion. It is estimated that 90% for all OTC derivatives are documented by the ISDA Master Agreement framework so it vital to master this documentation.
Key benefits of attending this workshop
- GAIN essential hands on experience of documenting swaps and other derivatives
- PERFORM intensive case studies on 1992 and 2002 ISDA® Master Agreements, Schedules and Agreement Confirmations.
- PROTECT your organisation against potential problem areas such as default, capacity, insolvency, enforcement, and regulation
- LEARN to structure agreement _fixes_ to ISDA® Agreements
- LEARN about prime brokers, central counterparties and the new derivatives regime in the US and Europe
- UNDERSTAND the finance and law and how to negotiate the ISDA Master Agreement framework
- RECEIVE advanced knowledge and understanding of key 1992 and 2002 Master Agreement provisions
Who Should Attend
The course was specifically designed for:
- In-house lawyers in Banks and Securities Houses
- Bankers involved in Complex Financings using Swaps and Derivatives
- Senior Documentation Staff
- Compliance Officers
- Lawyers in Private Practice
- Bankers who want to know more about Legal Issues
- Accountants who have to Document and Advise on Swap Transactions
- Lawyers with Corporations and Fund Houses
- Lawyers working for Corporations, Governments and Financial Institutions
- Lawyers and Accountants in Private Practice who Advise Clients on the Above Categories
- Traders, Hedge Fund and Private Equity Managers and Fund Managers
- ISDA Negotiators
- Collateral Management Function
- Risk Officers and Managers
Why you should Attend?
Being able to identify all the latest key global regulatory developments affecting over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives documentation is far from easy. This two day intensive intermediate to advanced level course will provide delegates with everything they need to know about the latest global OTC derivatives regulations, including the impact of the EMIR, Dodd-Frank, Basel III, and MiFID II on OTC derivatives documentation. The course will enable delegates to achieve an understanding of all the most relevant documentation issues affecting OTC derivatives, including CCP margin optimisation and risk and collateral analytics. This will include insights into negotiation and documentation strategies for OTC Master Agreements and Collateral and Credit Support Documentation, as well as awareness of how OTC Derivatives Clearing Agreements and ISDA® Protocols function, key negotiated terms, and automating OTC Derivatives Documentation processes.