This course will explore the concept of Least Total Cost using a LEAN business process approach and Lean management for Supply Chain best practices. The focus will be on identifying and reducing activities that add low/no value and to increase those that do add value. Attendees will explore how planning impacts the overall cost of execution. The various elements of a supply chain will be broken down and the linkages that increase or impede value adding will be examined. A hands-on simulation exercise will be utilized to create working models of typical supply chain challenges. Improvement cycles designed by the groups during the simulation will be implemented to see the potential gains that are being left behind by using traditional business practices. We’ll also use a web based simulation to demonstrate the critical nature of collaboration and alignment for a business to achieve supply chain management leadership in the market.
Key benefits of attending this workshop
- DESCRIBE an end to end supply chain and key linkages to the business
- LIST the 3 major flows in every supply chain and how they impact profitability
- SUMMARIZE the total costs of a typical supply chain
- DESCRIBE how the seven areas of cost affect the supply chain
- EXPLAIN how to optimize the supply chain for maximum profitability and least total cost
- EXPERIENCE leadership alignment in senior level decision making for the supply/value chain
- UNDERSTAND the role of the customer and the supplier to a successful supply chain
- GAIN competitive advantage, lead time and availability
- FORECASTING and understanding Demand
Who Should Attend
The following professionals focusing on maximizing profitability across the entire Value Chain should attend such as C-Suite, VP – Sales/Marketing, Operations, Purchasing and Supply Chain leaders, Directors, Managers, Supervisors and Leads of ;
- Supply chain
- Supply planning
- Inventory control
Across all industries
Why you should Attend?
Gain recognition, confidence and credibility as an effective leader by applying the concepts in the workshops the first day back on the job. Learn to see the new opportunities within your organization and position the firm for best practices. Break down the barriers and silos that stand between team cooperation and organizational effectiveness to improve performance.
Recognize alignment of strategy to execution, of senior to middle management and direct labor. Learn to recognize resistance, fear, conflict of change, to leverage decision making across the value chain to drive greater performance Leave this training with a practical plan of action with a systematic approach for your continuous learning and the organizations sustained improvement.